By using our services (collectively, “Services” or “Insidegermany.co Services”, and each Service individually, “Service”) that is the services of Insidegermany.co (hereinafter “Insidegermany.co”) located in Bergisch Gladbach, you entrust us with your information. As part of individual Services, you may also entrust this information to our trusted partners, i.e. third parties that exist in the environment of our Services, with whom we collaborate directly or indirectly, primarily in the context of providing you with the highest quality Services, as well as in the context of marketing activities (hereinafter “Trusted Partners”), including customers (hereinafter “Customers”), i.e. entities that directly or indirectly commission marketing activities (including, for example, sending mailings or advertising on Insidegermany.co surfaces)
What data do we process?
We process data that you provide or leave as part of your use of Insidegermany.co Services. This includes data necessary for us to access your accounts or profiles on our Services, e.g. your e-mail address, data you provide as part of forms or windows on our Services, as well as data you provide as part of moving around our Services, e.g. data you leave in cookies.
Who is the data administrator?
The administrators of your data are Insidegermany.co. In addition, according to the applicable law, Trusted Partners, including Customers, may also be the administrators of your data for the provision of the Services.
The list of Trusted Partners can be found below. At the same time, we would like to point out that there may be instances, e.g. due to a lack of direct contact with some of our Trusted Partners – particularly those who are so-called Clients, e.g. if they place an advertisement in our spaces via a Trusted Partner who is e.g. an advertising network, that for objective reasons we are not able to provide their names here. If you would like to find out more, please contact our Data Protection Officer (details below).
|Name:||Link to Trusted Partner website:|
Data Protection Officer and contact details: Data Protection Officer
We have appointed a data protection officer for Insidegermany.co. This is the owner of Insidegermany.co, Adam Gaik. If you wish to contact the Data Protection Officer, please use the contact details provided below:
Is there a requirement to provide data?
Providing personal data is voluntary, however, failure to provide data marked as necessary to provide services to you will prevent them from being provided.
To which recipients will your personal data be forwarded?
Your data may be forwarded to entities processing personal data on behalf of the administrator, e.g. IT service providers, marketing agencies, etc. – However, such entities process data on the basis of a contract with the controller and only in accordance with the controller’s instructions. Your data may also be prepared to entities entitled to obtain them under the applicable law, e.g. to law enforcement agencies in the event of a request made by the authority on an appropriate legal basis (e.g. for the purpose of ongoing criminal proceedings). Your data may, in some cases, be transferred to recipients from third countries, i.e. countries outside the European Economic Area, e.g. if it is necessary for providing Services to you or if it is conditioned by another, valid legal basis. You will find information about this within the individual Services.
What are your rights in relation to the processing of personal data?
You have the following rights in relation to Our processing of your personal data:
- right of access to your data, including obtaining a copy of your data,
- right to request rectification of your data
- Right to erasure (in certain situations),
- Right to request rectification of your data
- right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority dealing with the protection of personal data,
- right to restrict data processing,
If your data is processed on the basis of consent you may additionally exercise the rights below:
- The right to withdraw consent to the extent that your data are processed on that basis. Withdrawal of consent does not affect the legality of processing carried out on the basis of consent before its withdrawal.
If your data are processed on the basis of consent or as part of a service provided (the data are necessary for the purpose of providing the service) you can additionally exercise the rights below:
- the right to portability of personal data, i.e. to receive your personal data from the controller, in a structured, commonly used machine-readable format. You can send this data to another controller.
To exercise the above rights, please contact the controller or the Data Protection Officer (details above).
Information about “cookies”.
Cookies and other similar technologies.
The entity that places information in the form of cookies and other similar technologies on the User’s terminal equipment (e.g. computer, laptop, smartphone, Smart TV) and obtains them is Insidegermany.co and Trusted Partners, i.e. entities cooperating with Insidegermany.co, including partners providing analytical services, advertisers, application developers, network advertising agencies (hereinafter we will use the abbreviation “Placing Entities”).
Cookies are IT data, in particular text files, which are stored in the end device of the User of the websites and applications. Cookies usually contain the domain name of the website from which they originate, the time of storage on the terminal equipment and a unique number. Cookies are not used to identify a user and their identity is not determined on their basis.
The publisher’s website may place a cookie on your browser if your browser allows it. Importantly, the browser only allows the website to access cookies placed by that website, not cookies placed by other websites.
Why do we use this?
- providing services;
- adapt the content of websites and applications to User’s preferences and optimize the use of websites; e.g. cookies allow in particular to recognize User’s device and appropriately display the website adapted to his individual needs;
- creation of statistics that help to understand how Users use websites and applications, which enables improvement of their structure and content;
- maintain User session (after login), so that the User does not have to re-enter login and password on each sub-page of the website;
.presentation of advertisements, among others in a manner taking into account the User’s interests or place of residence (individualisation of advertising message) and with a guarantee of excluding the possibility of repeated presentation of the same advertisement to the User;
- realization of surveys – in particular to avoid multiple presentation of the same survey to the same Recipient and to present surveys in a manner taking into consideration the Recipients’ interests.
Types of cookies we use.
Due to the lifespan of cookies and other similar technologies, we use two main types of cookies:
- session files – temporary files stored on the User’s end device until logging out, leaving the website and the application or switching off the software (web browser);
- permanent files – stored on the User’s terminal equipment for the time specified in the parameters of cookies or until they are deleted by the User;
With regard to the purpose of cookies and other similar technologies, we use the following types:
- essential for the operation of services and applications that enable the use of our services, such as authentication cookies used for services that require authentication;
- security cookies, such as those used to detect authentication abuse
- performance cookies – enabling the collection of information on the use of websites and applications;
- function cookies – enabling the collection of information on the use of websites and applications
- functional – making it possible to “remember” the User’s selected settings and to personalize the User’s interface, e.g. with regard to the selected language or region of origin of the User, font size, appearance of the website and applications, etc.;
- advertising – enabling provision of advertising content to Users more tailored to their interests;
- statistics – used to count statistics about websites and applications;
In order to ensure convenience of use of our services we use Local Storage (LS) technology, similar in principle to cookies, but with slightly different properties. LS is a separate part of the browser’s memory used to store data saved by the websites. It can be accessed only by a website operating on the same site from which the data were saved, however, unlike in the case of cookies, they are not sent by the browser every time the server is called. The data in LS is stored long-term by the browser and is not deleted when the browser is closed, nor does it have a specific expiration time. We emphasize that we do not use this technology to “track” or identify users, but only for convenience and to provide the highest possible level of service. We use LS technology, for example, to remember settings, maintain radio configurations, or remember data about recommended posts.
Manage your browser settings.
In many cases, the software used to browse the Internet (web browser) by default allows the storage of information in the form of cookies and other similar technologies on the User’s terminal device. However, the User can change these settings at any time. Failure to make such changes means that the above-mentioned information can be placed and stored on the User’s terminal equipment and that we will store information on the User’s terminal equipment and gain access to this information. From the level of the Internet browser used by the User it is possible e.g. to manage the cookies files independently. In the most popular browsers there is, among others, the possibility:
- manage cookies on the level of individual sites selected by the User;
- define settings for cookies
- define settings for different types of cookies, such as accepting permanent cookies as session cookies, etc.
- block or delete cookies;
Where to find help?
Comprehensive information is available in the settings of your software (web browser). Details for people using particular web browsers, among others:
For additional information about cookies and other technologies, please visit youronlinechoices.com or the Help section in your web browser’s menu, among other places.
Small, good tips.
User, remember that:
- The information you gave during registration is known only to you and to Wirtualna Polska. From our side we guarantee that they will not be disclosed to anyone, you should also be careful about sharing them with third parties;
- it happens that people using the Web want to “extract” information about you and use it against you or other people. They may do it for e.g. profit or, in their opinion, for fun. Be cautious. Be sure to find out who the person is who is asking for your personal information and what institution he or she represents. Remember that you are protected by applicable laws, including those relating to the protection of personal data.